Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ashton Court Deer Park

I took Teasel to Ashton Court again. We started from the Bower Ashton car park and set off towards the Deer Park. I let Teasel off the lead once we were out of the car park. There was wire around the fence of the Deer Park that meant Teasel couldn't get in, but while I was taking photos of the deer she slipped under the gate and was investigating some deer poo. I shook the dry treat container and she came back without taking any interest in the deer.

We walked up through the woods to the quarry and through the meadow where the Ashton Court Festival used to take place. Then back across the golf course and through the woods to the car park. She seemed quite happy to trot alongside me and didn't wander off much.

The walk took just over an hour. When I got back I measured the walk we'd done using Google Earth and it came out at 2.8 miles (4.5 km).

No comments: